20 Ways to Practice Self-Care
20 Ways to Practice Self-Care Checklist
Self-care is an essential part of practicing self-improvement and is not always easy. But it can enhance your life in many ways you might have never expected.
- Treat yourself to a spa day! Take a long bath with a relaxing playlist going, and maybe even light a candle as you enjoy the soak.
- Write down a "done" list that helps you relax by explaining all the things you have already accomplished.
- Get a nap in. Maybe you need to get in some extra sleep. Take a nap or head off to bed early.
- Call up a friend you haven't spoken to in a while. A good session of catch-up will make you smile.
- Go for a walk outside without a final destination in mind. Just walk until you want to turn around and then head back.
- Watch a movie or show on Netflix, preferably one that will make you laugh.
- Follow a yoga tutorial on the internet and get your stretch on. It will relax and rejuvenate you for free, and you might even start a new habit.
- Turn your phone into "Do Not Disturb" mode for at least an hour. Do not text, email, or browse the internet. Escape it for a while!
- Treat yourself to a manicure or pedicure. It will make you feel so much better about yourself.
- Lookup some positive affirmations and pick your favorites to pass along to a friend who may need them too.
- Enjoy some classic videos of animals being adorable! There are puppies, polar bears, pandas, and so much more for you to say "Aww!" to, and it never hurts to see something so cute.
- Clean up a room in your house or do something you should have done a while ago. When you're done, you'll feel so much better about your environment.
- Make things more calming by establishing a simple routine for the morning or night. Start to follow it.
- Grab a book that you have been thinking about reading for a while now. Wine is optional!
- Turn on your favorite album that you used to love, and you'll be brought into a mood of dancing, singing, or just lounging to refresh your mind and attitude.
- Change into the comfiest clothing you have in your closet and sit down to meditate.
- Go through everyone you're following on social media and clean the list up. If someone is negative or not positively contributing to your life, unfollow them.
- Practice a calming breathing technique. It just takes 16 seconds to put yourself in a more relaxed state!
- Create a list of things that you're grateful for. Use a pen and paper, so you appreciate them even more.
- Go and do a good deed for someone else.
It is highly beneficial to have a checklist prepared to help you balance out self-care and other life features, like work-related matters and relationships with different men and women. With a list, you'll be able to build habits that could change your life for the better.